Social venture partnership is where people form a joint and work together to achieve certain set goals. The members invest their expertise and time in this partnership to provide the best results. Choosing the right social venture partners is the most important part. Below are easy tips on where to start and how to find potential partners.
Where to Start Looking for a Business Partner
1. Decide what you are looking for in a partner
First, find a partner you can trust and this will depend on the way you relate with this person you want to form a joint together. Secondly, look for a partner who is serious in business work as this determines the progress of your business. Avoid lazy partners.
2. Look for credibility in potential partners
It is always good to build a relationship with prospective partners to know them better before suggesting the idea of forming a joint.
3. Work with partners who want to work with you
In case you partner with members who are less interested and are always busy with their personal activities, it is wise to find other partners who can put effort in the joint.
Write a list of all the qualities of the partners you would like to work with before you start looking for them. This will save you a lot of time and effort in finding other members, once you realize you can move on with the current ones.
How to Find Social Venture Partners in Your Area of Interest
You can easily find potential partners in the following areas:
1. Use search engines: Search the area you are interested in and get sites you can review to find good partners.
2. On-going events: Most of the speakers in different events can make good partners.
3. Use social media to join possible groups: Follow the activities and the conversations in the group and you can choose to contact any potential member.
4. Ask for referrals: ask some of the partners to connect you to other potential people they know.
5. Testimonials: Go to some web sites and look for people who have left testimonials. Most of these people are successful marketers and can promote your product.
6. You can hire a joint venture broker to connect the right people towards your market.
There are many other ways you can get potential partners, but the ones above work best. Finding the right person to work with is not that easy and will require time and effort to establish a partnership you can feel comfortable in. Many people are willing to be social venture partners, so it won’t be so hard to convince people to form a joint together.